Building the first program
Creating a package
To create your first package, run a
pen create command with your package's name in your terminal.
pen create foo
Then, you should see a directory named
foo in your current directory. When you go into the directory, you should see a
main.pen source file and a
pen.json file for package configuration.
Building a package
To build the package, run a
pen build command in the
Then, you will see an executable file named
app in the directory. Run it to see your first "Hello, world!"
./app # -> Hello, world!
Now, you can start editing source files and build your own application in Pen!
- To use other library packages, see Using a library.
- For more code examples, see Examples.
- For the language syntax, see Syntax and Types.
- For usage of the standard packages, see Standard packages.
- To add more modules in your package, see Modules.